Devils' Center Returns to Practice after Being Diagnosed with Leukemia


Vicky Travlos is a marketing professional who previously served McGraw-Hill Companies in a variety of roles, including merchandising associate and operations manager of BusinessWeek TV. A passionate hockey fan, Vicky Travlos follows the National Hockey League's (NHL) New Jersey Devils. 

Seeking to add veteran leadership to its roster, the Devils signed Brian Boyle to a two-year, $5 million contract in the offseason. However, the 6-foot-6-inch, 245-pound center has yet to play a game for the Devils after a blood test revealed he had chronic myelogenous leukemia. Boyle began feeling fatigued in August, but didn't think much of it until deciding to take the blood test. He was diagnosed with the blood and bone marrow cancer right before the start of training camp in mid-September. 

Fortunately, the disease hasn't significantly impacted Boyle's health. Although there is no timetable for his return to game action, Boyle returned to practice in late October, just over a month after his initial diagnosis. As of now, he is treating the disease with medication in the morning and before bed. Beyond that, he has been medically cleared to play and is being tested physically through intense practices. Originally a first-round pick of the Los Angeles Kings, Boyle has 93 goals and 76 assists through 624 career regular season games.

Comments

  1. Hey everyone sorry I have been away for so long but so much has been going on and no time to post. I moved to New Orleans the first week of July and my feet hit the ground running. I have been working on my old house in Florida for the last few weeks and I am exhausted after successfully getting a loan from Mr Pedro and his loan firm at 3% rate to help finish my house ! So no time to work out, no time to eat right etc.....I so want my life back and I am so proud of what Mr Pedro did to me by helping me with a loan. I am going to leave Mr Pedro email here so anyone looking for a loan can contact Mr Pedro on ...pedroloanss@gmail.com or whatsapp text...+18632310632. Hopefully I can get my life back on track. Miss you guys hope to back on soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment